In order to run the hardware or software of a system smoothly and seamlessly, it is necessary and a basic need of a system to have all the system requirements. However, These system requirements provide the relevant information that ensures that the operating system, hardware and software meet all the requirements of the versions of QuickBooks Desktop that you are using.
QuickBooks Enterprise Solution 2019 Now On Sale! You can contact us at 1(800)880-6389 and purchase QuickBooks software in discounted (40% off) price.
System Requirements for QuickBooks Pro/Premier 2018 and Enterprise 19.0
For Operating Systems:
- Microsoft Windows 8.1: Natively installed all Editions of Windows 8.1 including 64-bit (It means that it has been installed in a particular system)
- MS Windows 10: Installed in a particular system or environment that has all the editions including 64-bit
- Windows Server 2012 R2
- Windows Server 2011 SP1
- Microsoft Windows 7 SP 1: It also has natively installed all editions including 64-bit
- Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1
- MS Windows Server 2016
- Windows- Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows Server 2011 SP1, Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1, Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 7 SP1 (Enterprise and Professional editions only), Windows Server 2016, Windows 8.1 (update 1), natively installed.
- Linux- When you use QBES Database Server and that too only for installation, then it should be: OpenSuse 42.2, Fodera 25, Red Hat 7 (Update 3)
- Sometimes, to make sure that QuickBooks gives good performance, it is important to adjust setting in these products.
- The systems in which Redundant Array of Inexpensive Disks (RAID) will be running, QuickBooks will work with those systems. But on a serious note, this is not recommended as this can lead to rise of performance issues and QuickBooks may operate slowly which will affect productivity.
Hardware and Operating System Requirements
- Processor: 2.4 GHz minimum
- RAM: RAM of 4GB (minimum) and 8 GB is recommended
- RAM Requirements of the server
- 1-5 users: 8 GB RAM
- 10 Users: 12 GB RAM
- 15 users: 16 GB RAM
- 20 users: 20+ GB RAM
- 5 GB space (additional space for data files)
- Additional software, i.e. 60 MB for Microsoft .Net 4.6 Runtime, will be provided on QuickBooks CD
- Other requirements for Intuit Data Protect (it applies to US users only)
- Minimum 4 GB RAM required
- Either twice the size of the largest file is set to backup along 100 MB space or twice the size is required to restore. Also this space is only required from the work folder LocalApplicationData + “Intuit/Intuit Data Protect”.
- Note: One thing can surely speed up the performance and that is storing a large .QBW data file on an SSD
- If you are using US QuickBooks Software, then US version of Windows.
- In case you are using Canadian QuickBooks Software, then Canadian version of Windows.
- Either the language has been set to English or Canada along with keyboard settings to US/CA, then the regional settings are supported very well.
- If the user is hosting multi-user access, then administrator rights are required for the server computer.
- The meaning of natively installed is that it has been already installed on a particular system and does not need to run in a virtual environment.
In order to do the CD installations, 4X DVD-ROM drive is required.
- The display of the system screen is either optimized to 1280 * 1024 resolution or is higher with up to two extended monitors. Furthermore, This will help the user work comfortably on the system.
- It is also best used on a system when the setting has been on ‘Default DPI’.
There are no doubts in the fact that QuickBooks has the capability to integrate with the hundreds of third-party applications. Additional RAM is provided to the software in order to increase the use the features.
- Office 2016 both on 32 and 64-bit
- Office 2010 and Office 2013 and 365 both on 32 and 64-bit (It is important to note that Office 365 is only available when it is being installed locally)
- When a user has to export reports, in that case also, he needs to have Microsoft Excel 2016, 2013 or 2010 or Office 365.
- Microsoft Word 2016, 2013, 2010 or Office 365 is also required when it comes to preparing letters.
- Invoices, Email estimates and other forms with Microsoft Outlook 2010-16, Microsoft Outlook with Office 365, Yahoo! Mail, Outlook.com, and SMTP-supporting e-mail clients.
- Contact Synchronization with Microsoft Outlook requires Outlook 2010 (32-bit)
- When a user synchronizes with Outlook, it requires QuickBooks Contact Sync for Outlook.
- Note: Contact Sync does not work with the Microsoft Business Contact Manager Outlook plug-in. Also, a duplicate record can occur if sync is performed.
- Applies to US only- QuickBooks Point of Sale V12.0, V11.0, V10.0
- TurboTax 2016 and 2015 (Both for personal and business purpose)
- Lacerate 2016 and 2015 (Applies to US Only)
- Lacerate 2016 and 2015 (for US only)
- Pro-Series tax years 2016 and 2015 (for US only)
- Quicken 2016, 2017, 2018
- QuickBooks for Mac 2016 (for US only)
- Adobe Acrobat Reader: It requires Business Planner, Payroll and viewing forms require Adobe Acrobat Reader 9.0 or later.
- Internet access is required with at least 56 kbps connection speed (however 1 Mbps recommended) for Payroll and other online features and services.
- Gmail, Yahoo Email, Windows Mail, Hotmail and AOL
- Internet Explorer 11
Firewall and Antivirus Software compatibility
Same like other QuickBooks versions, QuickBooks Pro/Premier 2019 and Enterprise 19.0 have also been tested with the firewall and antivirus products:
- Microsoft Windows Server Firewall (all editions)
- Windows 7 Firewall (all editions)
- MS Windows 8.1 Firewall (all editions)
- Microsoft Security Essentials
I hope that now you are able to understand what are the minimum system requirements for QuickBooks Desktop Pro, Premier & Enterprise Solutions. In the meanwhile, If you require any kind of more information pertaining to this topic or looking for Support for QuickBooks Enterprise you can contact us at our toll-free number 1(800)880-6389.