- June 21, 2018
- Posted by: QB
- Category: QuickBooks, QuickBooks Error Codes
QuickBooks is accounting software which is used widely for its vast features and quick and accurate responses. In other words, QuickBooks is the most loved software among the world’s accountants for any business. When using QuickBooks Point of Sale, the most common error that is faced is Invalid product number. While opening or using QuickBooks POS, a user faces this error: “Error code 176109: Invalid Product Code or Invalid Product Number”.
The Common causes of this Error can be the following:
The Point of Sale Entitlement folder contains damaged files. 176109 is the error code format that is used by the Windows. Furthermore, this error also means that some authentication files are missing or have been corrupted.
If you have any queries or questions regarding this software or error, you can contact us on our QuickBooks Error Support Number 1-800-880-6389. Our experts will connect with you and will give you the best advice.
What are the Reasons of QuickBooks Error 176109
Some of the reasons of 176109 error:
- Damaged files in the POS entitlement folder
- An incorrect product code has been used during the installation process of Point of Sale.
- When you are not logged into the system as admin.
How to deal with Error: QuickBooks Point Of Sale Invalid Product Number
Steps to deal with QuickBooks Point of Sale Invalid product number. There are two solutions to this problem. If any of the solutions solves your problem, then you need not try the another one.
Solution 1: Delete the contents of the Point of Sale entitlement folder and try
For Windows 8:
- Right click on start button and choose File Explorer
- Click on View and check the hidden items check-box
- Go to the left window to C:\Program Data\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8.
- Select all files and Delete.
- Now, to register yourself, Open point of Sale again and complete the process.
Windows 7 and Vista:
- Right click on Start button and open Windows Explorer
- Click organize and select Folder
- Click on View and select Show hidden files
- Go in the left window to C:\Program Data\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8
- Select all files and delete
- Open Point of Sale once again for registration and complete the process.
Solution 2: Uninstall and Reinstall QuickBooks Point of Sale
- Uninstall QuickBooks Point of Sale
- Reinstall QuickBooks Point of Sale
- If any error occurs, run a repair reinstallation on Point of Sale
- Verify both the license number and product number
- Open Point of Sale and register.
I hope these two solutions will help you to troubleshoot the problems. But if your problem is still not solved, and you need help related to this then you need to contact our QuickBooks Point of Sale Support Number for help. Dial our toll free QuickBooks Helpline Number 1-800-880-6389. We are a team of highly proficient QuickBooks experts equipped with state of the art tools and technology to offer you the quick and precise solution of any QuickBooks related issue.