QuickBooks has an amazing feature that it helps organizations to streamline their payroll process. This makes it easy for the companies to pay their employees in an organized manner and on time. This will also reduce hassle and make the process easy, quick, and accurate. QuickBooks payroll is a user-friendly module that comes combined with the accounting software and has various other useful options as well. But QuickBooks payroll also faces some errors and one of those if QuickBooks Error PS033 which is usually caused when CPS folder has a damaged file. Due to this error, it gets difficult for the user to download the latest payroll updates and thus, is unable to open the company file.
When downloading a payroll update or opening a company file, you receive the following message:
- “QuickBooks can’t read your payroll setup files. [Error PS033]”
- Error PS033 is caused by a damaged file in the CPS folder.
Causes of Occurring QuickBooks Payroll Error PS033
Here are the common causes that may cause this QuickBooks Error PS033:
- Non-activation of the Payroll Subscription
- Inactive Direct Deposit agreement has more than one active payroll
- Damaged ini QuickBooks Desktop File
- QuickBooks data is damaged.
- QuickBooks version is not updated.
- Incorrect Service Key.
- Invalid or incorrect Employer Identification Number (EIN)
- Incorrect company file PSID
- Current Windows version and QuickBooks Desktop are not compatible
- If status on QuickBooks Desktop appears as Invalid number or EIN.
Note: If your Payroll subscription is deactivated, even then there is a possibility for the errors to occur.
Advanced Steps to Resolve QuickBooks Payroll Error PS033
Steps to fix QuickBooks Payroll PS033 error:
- Update QuickBooks Payroll Tax Table.
- Check if problem is resolved or not. If it is not resolved, then move to the next step.
- Locate the following location: C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks 20QQ\ Components\Payroll\CPS
- QQ in the above step is for reference to the yearly edition such as 2018, 2017, 2016
- Rename the CPS folder to CPSOLD and check whether the problem is solved or not.
- Update Payroll Tax Table
- Disable User Account Control (UAC).
- It is applicable for UAC settings change (Windows 10, 8.1, 8 and 7)
- You can contact to QuickBooks Payroll Technical Support team in case these steps is not helpful to you.
After all the steps have been followed, press Windows + R > Go to Run > Write Control Panel > Click Ok > Click on User Accounts > Select User Accounts (Classic View) > Go to Change user account control settings> Move the slider and click Never Notify option.
If you find the issue still persists, you can try and seek the assistance from our QuickBooks experts through QuickBooks Payroll Error Support Number 1(800)880-6389. Our experts will help you resolve the error.