QuickBooks is the leading accounting software that garnered a lot of reputation in the sphere of business accounting. It provides numerous benefits to the businessman & entrepreneurs for their small to large-sized associations around the globe. This software manages many roles played within a company. In this blog we are going to discuss about the QuickBooks License Error that comes after cloning. This is a common error and can be fix easily with the help of few troubleshooting steps. However, our QuickBooks Enterprise Support team is always there to help you.
QuickBooks Desktop Features
Some of the features of the QuickBooks are below:
- Tax filing
- Online Payments
- Generate Invoice
- Generate Employee’s Payroll
- Create expense, income, & purchase reports
QuickBooks License Error after Clone
QuickBooks installation process requires license number & product code for the complete validation process. The QuickBooks files that contain the information are always encrypted and when this encrypted file is missing or damaged, the “QuickBooks License Error” occurs.
Tips & Tricks
The QuickBooks License Error can be solved by removing the file EntitlementDataStore.ecml which might be damaged. By performing this task, you can resolve the following problems or errors:-
- QB Reconfiguration Error
- Disabled Online Sync Licensed Data
- QuickBooks Error: “You must subscribe to accountant’s copy file transfer service”
- Error Code 3371: Could not initialize license properties
- QB Error Message: QuickBooks is not registered. This issue will make the QB user unable to use Online Banking
Causes of QB License Error after clone
Check out the possible reasons due to which QuickBooks License Error after clone appears:
- When the MSXML component & dat is damaged which are essential to run the QuickBooks Desktop
- dat – It is an installation file which holds the license information. The license information contains by this file is validated before the QuickBooks starts. When the QBregistration.dat file is either damaged or corrupt, the QuickBooks will not open.
- MSXML component: MSXML component is a Microsoft feature that helps the QuickBooks to recover or retrieve the details/information in the Qbregistration.dat, and thereby allows the QB to start.
- When Operating system (OS) of your computer is outdated.
- While QuickBooks file/files are blocked by system security or anti-virus program.
- Make sure that .QBO file is saved before importing it.
Procedure to Troubleshoot the QuickBooks License Error
Check out the systematic steps to resolve the QuickBooks license error after clone:
- First of all, Shut the QuickBooks Desktop application.
- After that, Ensure that the entire QuickBooks process is stopped.
- Now Hit the Ctrl+Shift+Esc.
- Navigate to the Task Manager
- In the list of processes look for the instances of EXE.
- After that, Choose the instance & hit the End Task.
- Go to the entitlement data folder.
- Navigate to “Run”
- Then, go to the C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8 (or v6) and press Enter.
- Perform right – click on the ecml file & choose Delete.
- Once the ecml file deleted, open the company file & register the application.
Ensure that the QuickBooks installation isn’t damaged by updating the Windows Operating System. To do so, follow below-given steps:
- Firstly, Choose the Windows All Programs & Windows Update.
- Finally hit install QuickBooks, when the all the updates are installed.
Apply all the steps given below in a sequential manner to resolve the QuickBooks License Error after Clone..!! In case, if the error persists – we recommend you to contact the certified QuickBooks support technician. For an instant QuickBooks Help, you can dial their toll-free helpline number .i.e. 1(800) 880 6389. Our QuickBooks Error Support team is always there to help you out every possible manner..!!