QuickBooks Data Damage is one of a chief problem that usually appears in software like QuickBooks. However, with some necessary manual troubleshooting steps, this problem can be resolved quickly to retrieve the data file/files. But it’s essential for you to understand the minor setup & arrangements that lead to QuickBooks Data Damage or Company file corruption. In this tech blog post, we help the QuickBooks users to resolve Data Damage & Data Corruption problems with the manual solution best of our knowledge.
Things to Remember Before Proceeding:
- First of all, You need to ensure to run the rebuild and Verify Data Utilities on the same computer system.
- After this, the Rebuild utility will make a backup of that file.
- Now you can save the file anywhere you want.
Steps to Fix QuickBooks Company File Data Damages
Mainly there are two steps to resolve this problem. You can take help from your IT professional or contact our QuickBooks Error Support team in case you get stuck somewhere by following given steps.
Step 1: Run the Rebuild Data Utility
- Go to File menu, choose Utilities > Rebuild Data
- Select OK in the QuickBooks Information window. Save a backup.
- (There are chances that your computer will show that QuickBooks is not responding. But if the cursor is moving, it means that Rebuild is going on. Let it complete.
- When Rebuild is complete, Select OK.
Step 2: Run the Verify Data Utility
- Go to File menu and choose Utilities > Verify Data
- Select OK if you find that QuickBooks detected no problem with the data.
- If there is an issue with the data, Rebuild Now or View Errors. Now, choose Close and perform the steps below
Important Note: You can follow the steps below if you find yourself comfortable in reviewing the QBWin.log or QuickBooks.log file. If you are not comfortable you can contact our QuickBooks Customer Care Helpline at our toll-free number 1(800)880-6389.
- Find QBWin.log or QuickBooks.log file
- Go to the Tech Help window if you are working with a support agent. Go to Open File tab, highlight the log fine and select Send log files to Intuit Support. This will send the file as well as enable the agent to view the files.
- Now, check the log file:
- For Mac: Scroll down to the most recent Verify information
- For Windows: Search for Begin Verify and locate the most recent file
- Now, find the line which is LVL_ERROR, and look for it in check QuickBooks Learn & Support Site.
- Re-sorting the lists will help you putting your records back in order. In case you have changed the order of a list, resorting will do the needful.
- Run the Balance Sheet in Cash and Accrual Basis
- Go to reports menu, and select Company & Financial > Balance Sheet Detail
- Now, select Options, choose Accrual or Cash.
- If you find that the total assets do not get equal with the liability and equity in all the reports, then you better determine the transaction which is causing the problem.
- Take a backup of the company file, delete and re-enter the transaction
After this, compare the Account report totals to the balances on Chart of Accounts:
- Compare the Open Invoices to Accounts Receivable balance on the Chart of Accounts.
- Compare the total in Unpaid Bills report to the Accounts Payable balance on the Chart of Accounts
- Now, backup your company file, delete and re-enter the transactions or you can also modify the transaction.
Check Specific Accounts
There are two specific accounts which include:
- Uncategorized Expenses:
- To balance the transaction, rebuild will put out-of-balance transactions in this account. You may also see voided checks in this account.
- Other than voided checks, you will also find the transactions. Now, again delete and re-enter the transactions.
- Undeposited Funds:
- Go to Activities, select Make Deposits and then, select all. Make sure that the total amount is equal to the balance shown for Undeposited Funds on Chart of Accounts. Also, ensure that there are no deposits showing on the deposit.
Merge the Damaged Accounts/Items/Names
- Go to Lists and select Chart of Accounts
- In the Control key, select the account that has been damaged. Click on Edit Account
- Make sure you put an asterisk (*) on the name of account.
- Then, click on Cancel.
- While holding the Control Key, select any account and click on New Account.
- Choose the type and enter the original name of the account having problem.
- Click OK.
- Hold the Control key and select original account. Choose Edit Account
- Now remove the asterisk and select OK.
- Click on YES as this will confirm that you desire to merge the accounts.
- To merge items and names, the same steps will be followed as the ones followed for merging accounts.
Delete Memorized Reports
- Go to Reports menu and click on Report Center
- Select report you want to delete and click on name once.
- Select Red X and click on OK.
- Go to Lists and choose memorized transactions
- Go to Edit menu and choose Delete memorized transactions
- Click on OK and the transactions will be deleted.
We hope that the above-prescribed information is helpful for you to get rid of the QuickBooks Company file Data Damage problems. In case, you are unable to perform the systematic steps of the solution or you seek expert assistance – Dial our toll-free QuickBooks Support Number .i.e. 1(800)880-6389.