- May 20, 2018
- Posted by: QB
- Category: QuickBooks, QuickBooks Enterprise, QuickBooks Error Codes
In today’s technology driven world, everything is required at ease and in a simplified manner and for all the accounting functions of an organization, accounting software such as QuickBooks is used. This software comes with various benefits that makes it easier for many people to do their business seamlessly and quickly. However, QuickBooks is available in different versions and can be accessed offline as well as online depending on the version you are using. But the only con of this software is that it is prone to errors that can occur during installation, up gradation or re-installation. These errors can only be resolved by with the help of experts if you are not able to do it.
In this article we have discussed all about What is QuickBooks Enterprise Error 3371, Why this error occurs, what are possible causes of this error and how we can resolve this error by own. We have shared few easy steps for fixation of this error. All the given steps are simple. Most of the time this error resolved by following these steps. In any case, if you face any difficulty, you can contact our Enterprise Support team for help. Just dial our QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1-800-880-6389 and get instant solution.
What is QuickBooks Error 3371 status code-11118?
QuickBooks errors include QuickBooks Error Code 6000, Error -6000, -83 Code. QuickBooks Error -6000, -82, QuickBooks -6130, QB Error -6000, -301, Error 6123, QuickBooks Error -6000, -77, QB Error -6000, -305, QuickBooks Enterprise 3371, and many more. Among all, QuickBooks Enterprise Error 3371 is a specific error to QuickBooks Enterprise and when it occurs, it displays ‘Could not initialize license properties’.
This error occurs when you try to activate or open QuickBooks Desktop and any one of the following message appears:
- ‘Could not initialize license properties.’ Error 3371: QuickBooks could not load the license data. This may be caused by missing or damaged files.
- Couldn’t initialize license properties. [Error 3371, Status Code -11118] QuickBooks could not load the license data. This may be caused by missing or damaged files.
- Could not initialize license properties. [Error: 3371, Status Code -1] QuickBooks could not load the license data. This may be caused by missing or damaged files.
Error Message: QuickBooks could not load the license data. This may be caused by missing or damaged files. For troubleshooting steps, note the error and type the following in a web browser window: www.quickbooks.com/support/register.html.
When you will click on OK, it will display you another dialogue box: It will be showing QuickBooks Fatal Error with the following message
QuickBooks has encountered a problem on startup. This may be due to an invalid software license. Insert the QuickBooks CD into your computers and then reinstall the software. If you encounter the problem again, contact Technical Support.
Why QuickBooks Error 3371 happens?
There are many reasons for this error to occur and those can be solved with expert’s guidance. The reasons can be one or more of the following:
- The file or component required by QuickBooks Desktop to run is either damaged or missing.
QBregistration.dat –This is QuickBooks installation file that contains all the information about QuickBooks license. This license information needs to be updated and retrieved whenever the QuickBooks Desktop is made active. In case the file is not working properly or its damaged, QuickBooks Desktop will not open.
Damaged MSXML component– QuickBooks Desktop requires this Microsoft component, MSXML to run successfully. This component helps QuickBooks Desktop to retrieve the information in the QBregistration.dat file allowing QB to open.
- The anti-virus program or outdated Windows Operating System can be the reason that is quarantines some QuickBooks Dekstop files.
- Moreover, even if you are using the right network and QucikBooks Enterprise with Web Connect users, you can also experience this issue. This may happen while you try to open the file without saving it. Thus, it is advised to save the .QBO file before you import it.
There are some important points that you should take note of:
- Your QuickBooks installation process can fail or get damaged if the latest windows updates are not installed in your system. Thus, you must ensure that the latest version is up to date.
- If you are facing all the same errors even after following all the solutions. Then you are required to work with a qualified IT professional or you can contact Microsoft to resolve your queries related to Windows Operating System.
How to Fix QuickBooks Error 3371 status code-11118?
Below are the steps that you can follow for the Windows update:
- Install the latest version of Windows update.
- Click the Windows logo.
- Select All Program and click Windows Update.
- After installing the updates, just click install QuickBooks.
- If the previous error still persists, you can follow the steps provided below. If the first step resolves your issue, do not try the other steps:
Though there are a number of solutions available on the web but you must go with the most reliable ones. You can take suggestions from the experts or assign this work to them. Below are the steps to resolve error if you are a Windows XP user.
- Click Start and choose Run.
- Then type the following command into the Open filed:
- C:Documents and Settings All Users Application DataIntuitEntitlement Clientv2
(Please note that you may have more than one ‘v’ folder, so it is better to look for the current one)
- Then, Click OK
- Now delete the Entitlement DataStore.ecml file or you can also rename it to resolve the issue.
If after following, you still have doubts that the issue has not been resolved properly, then you have the last option to connect with a good agency for QuickBooks Error Support. We at Pro Accountant Advisor provides best QuickBooks technical assistance & consulting services both remote and on-site. We provide best and cost-effective solutions for all your QuickBooks concerns. Connect with us at 1-800-880-6389.