Steps to Fix Error “The File You Specified Cannot Be Opened” in QuickBooks
QuickBooks is a robust account software, but like any other accounting software this too receives errors at times. But the best part is that this leading accounting software often notifies the users of the problems through error messages. When you try to download any payroll update or open up any state form or paying scheduled liabilities, you may receive this error.
“The file you specified cannot be opened.” So just make sure that it does not currently get utilized by another program or read-the only file.”
Why This Error Occurs
The reason behind this error may be due to the fact that QuickBooks has downloaded software or payroll updates and now it is unable to install these updates as a result of Windows user approvals or user control settings in windows view or windows 7/8.
The Windows state was “The file exists.”
Mainly this error occurs if a file is not read correctly.
How to Fix this Error
Some advance tips to fix the above error:
- Click on OK continuously till the error message gets updated 100%.
- Now close and then again open QuickBooks.
- Make sure that the QuickBooks version is of the latest version.
- Close QuickBooks software and restart your desktop.
- After restarting QB Desktop, right-click on QuickBooks and choose run as administrator.
If the error does not get fixed then:
- Make use of the internet through data cable when you retrieve the updates. Utilizing the WI-FI connection for the updates may lead to unexpected results.
- Now open user account control settings
- Go to control panel
- If you use Windows 7 then, tap on the Windows button and then click on control panel.
- If you are using Windows 8 then press start menu, and type to search control panel. Now click on the control panel.
- If you are accessing from Windows 10 then, select search icon on the task-bar and type Control Panel. After finding it tap on it to open.
- Now after opening control panel, on search bar enter Change User Account Control settings.
- Now do either of the following things:
- Turn off UAC: You can move the slider to the “Never notify” and then choose OK. If asked then enter the password to provide confirmation. Now restart your device to allow the changes.
- Turn on UAC: You can move the slider to choose when you need to get notified and tap OK. If you receive a prompt, type in the password or give confirmation.
Alternate Method to Resolve this Error
You can also try the following solutions if the issue persists:
- Consider verifying and configuring Firewall and Internet security settings for QuickBooks Desktop.
- Run Reboot.bat.
- Check and repair QuickBooks Desktop if required.
- Use clean install and reinstall.
If the issue still persists, you can contact our QuickBooks Customer Support team at +1 800 880 6389. We are available 24×7 and feature best in class services. We fix a all sorts of QuickBooks issues.